We provide school bus transportation services to all students living two or more miles from school at no cost. Riding the bus is a privilege, not a right. We reserve the right to revoke a student’s privilege to ride in a district vehicle, including a school bus.
For the safety of the operator of the vehicle and all passengers, students must board buses or other vehicles only at authorized stops, and drivers must unload passengers only at authorized stops. A parent may also designate a childcare facility or grandparent’s residence as the regular pickup and drop-off location for his or her child.
We expect students to assist district staff in ensuring that buses and other district vehicles remain in good condition. We hold students riding in district vehicles, including buses, to adhere to our behavioral standards. Students must:
- Follow the driver’s directions at all times
- Enter and leave the vehicle in an orderly manner at the designated stop
- Keep feet, books, instrument cases, and other objects out of the aisle
- Not deface the vehicle or its equipment
- Not put head, hands, arms, or legs out of the window, hold any object out of the window, or throw objects within or out of the vehicle
- Not possess or use any form of tobacco or e-cigarettes in any district vehicle
- Observe all usual classroom rules
- Be seated while the vehicle is moving
- Fasten their seat belts, if available
- Wait for the driver’s signal upon leaving the vehicle and before crossing in front of the vehicle
- Follow any other rules established by the operator of the vehicle