The path to your future starts now. Achieving your dreams
Students have the opportunity to graduate under the Foundation High School Program with an endorsement(s). Endorsements consist of a related series of courses that are grouped together by interest or skill set. Students can earn endorsements in the following areas:
- Business and Industry
- Public Services
- Arts and Humanities
Students earn an endorsement by completing the curriculum requirements for the endorsement, including a fourth credit in both math and science.
Students must also perform satisfactorily on the following EOC assessments: English I, English II, Algebra I, Biology, and U.S. History. A student who has not achieved sufficient scores on the EOC assessments to graduate will have opportunities to retake the assessments.
College Credit Courses
Students in grades 9–12 have the opportunity to earn college credit through the following methods:
- Certain courses taught at the high school campus, which may include courses termed dual credit, Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), or college preparatory
- Enrollment in an AP or dual credit course through the Texas Virtual School Network
- Enrollment in courses taught in conjunction and in partnership with Ranger College, TSTC, and certain CTE courses.
Not all colleges and universities accept credit earned in all dual credit or AP courses
Plan for Success: College–Career–Military
It’s time to get serious about your future. Get familiar with these resources and what they have to offer. Sign up to receive important deadline reminders, tips, and prompts to action sent via email or text.
- Big Future Planning Guide
- College Board
- Automatic College Admissions
- The Common Application
- Today’s Military
College Entrance Exams
Practice and preparation will help you to earn the scores you need to get into the college you want. Learn more and register for testing on these sites:
Financial Aid & Scholarships
The cost of continuing your education does not need to be a roadblock in your journey. Plan ahead, know what to expect and how to get the financial help you need to reach your goals.