Board of trustees
The Blanket ISD Board of Trustees oversees the management of the district’s schools. The board is the policy-making body within the district and has overall responsibility for the curriculum, school taxes, budget, employment of the superintendent and other professional staff, and facilities. The board has complete and final control over school matters within limits established by state and federal laws and regulations.
Meet Our Board Members
The board of trustees is comprised of seven officials elected to represent our community’s commitment to a strong educational program. Members serve without compensation for a three-year term.
Current board members include:
- Beth Bowyer - President, Elected May 2022–2025
- Steve Schulze - Vice President, Elected May 2021–2024
- Autumn Hood - Secretary, Elected May 2022–2025
- Edwin Davis - Elected May 2021–2024
- James Richardson - Elected May 2023–2026
- Robert Rodgers - Elected May 2022–2025
- Scott Russell - Elected May 2023–2026
Board members are elected for three-year terms.
Conflict Disclosure Statements
- Coming soon.
Next Public Meeting Date
The Blanket ISD School Board meets for regular board meetings on the second Monday night of each month at 6:30 p.m. Special meetings are sometimes called and the regular meeting time could change. We will always post these times and changes.
- The next regular meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 8, 2024, at 6:30 p.m.
Next School Board Election Date