In accordance with state law, we offer access to a variety of services and programs to meet the needs of every student. If you believe your son or daughter qualifies for special services, please contact us to schedule a screening appointment.
We recognize that not every child learns the same way or at the same pace. Students with learning difficulties or who require special education services may participate in our district screening and referral programs for consideration of tutorial, compensatory, or other academic or behavior support services. Please contact the principal at (325) 748.5311 to discuss special education services for your child.
For more information:
Gifted and Talented
Our school counselor conducts unbiased screening tests for students identified as performing at or showing the potential for performing at a remarkably high level of accomplishment. Students who qualify for the GT program:
- Exhibit a high performance in intellectual, creative, or artistic areas
- Possesses an unusual capacity for leadership
- Excel in a specific academic field
Primary Language Other Than English
A student may be eligible to receive specialized support if his or her primary language is not English and the student has difficulty performing ordinary class work in English.
We provide homeless children flexibility regarding certain district provisions, including:
- Proof of residency requirements
- Immunization requirements
- Educational program placement if the student is unable to provide previous academic records or misses an application deadline during a period of homelessness
- Credit-by-examination opportunities
- Partial credit (awarding credit proportionately when a student passes only one semester of a two-semester course)
- Eligibility requirements for participation in extracurricular activities
- Graduation requirements